1 a listing printed in all issues of a newspaper or magazine (usually on the editorial page) that gives the name of the publication and the names of the editorial staff, etc. [syn: flag]
2 the title of a newspaper or magazine; usually printed on the front page and on the editorial page
3 the head or top of a mast
Masthead may refer to:
- the masthead (publishing), a list, usually found on the editorial page of a newspaper or other periodical, listing the publisher, editorial board, advertising rates, etc.
- the masthead, another name for a banner in publishing.
- the masthead, the logo and common elements displayed at the top of each page of a website.
- masthead, the top of a mast, in the sense of:
- masthead (rigging), a method of rigging a sailing vessel, where the forestay runs from the top of the mast to the bow or bowsprit, as opposed to a fractional rig where the forestay starts from a point below the masthead.
billhead, book stamp, bookplate, brand, broad arrow, cachet, check, colophon, counterfoil, countermark, docket, government mark, government stamp, hallmark, imprint, label, letterhead, logo, logotype, plate, price tag, registered trademark, running head, running title, seal, sigil, signet, stamp, sticker, stub, tag, tally, ticket, title page, token, trade name, trademark, trademark name